Latin Link is committed to safeguarding your privacy online. We use the information we collect about you to help us understand more about how our site is used and to be able to send you communications about Latin Link that may be of interest to you, either electronically or otherwise. The ‘personally identifiable information’ is information that enables us to identify you, such as your email address, name, title, and address.
Please read the following policy to understand how your personal information will be treated. This policy may change from time to time so please check back periodically.
This policy will let you know:
1. What personally identifiable information is collected from you
2. How your information is used
3. Who is collecting your information
4. With whom your information may be shared
5. What choices are available to you regarding collection, use, and distribution of your information
6. How you can access, update or delete your information
7. How Latin Link treats your personal information
8. What about children’s privacy
9. The kind of security precautions that are in place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of your information
1. What personally identifiable information does Latin Link collect from me?
A cookie is a text-only string of information that we pass to your computer’s hard disk through your web-browser so that the website can remember who you are. Cookies cannot be used by themselves to identify you.
A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the “lifetime” of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
For more information about cookies, please see www.allaboutcookies.org.
We use two types of cookies on our website:
* per session cookies, which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookies file of your browser until you leave the site; and persistent cookies, which remain in the cookies file of your browser for longer (although how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie). These cookies are used to store state information between visits to a site.
We use persistent cookies to provide certain services, so that you do not have to log-in repeatedly between visits.
Latin Link may also monitor which websites you have come from prior to entering the Latin Link site and which websites you move on to after leaving the Latin Link site. Latin Link uses this information in order to assess the impact of, and develop adverts and campaigns.
Instructions on how to stop cookies being installed on your browser.
2. How does Latin Link use my information?
Latin Link uses the information we collect about you to help us with understanding more about how our site is used and to be able to send you communications that may be of interest to you, either electronically or otherwise.
3. Who is collecting your information?
When you are on the Latin Link website and are asked for personal information, you are sharing that information with Latin Link alone unless stated otherwise. For example, when you are using our secure online donation pages you are going through to a card collection company, RBS WorldPay, part of the Bank of Scotland Group, and it is clear on the donation page when you are going through to the RBS WorldPay site.
4. With whom does Latin Link share your information?
As a general rule, Latin Link will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information, except when we have your permission or under special circumstances, such as when we believe in good faith that the law requires it. When you are using our secure online donation pages you are going through to a partner company and the information you give such as your debit/credit card number and contact information is provided so that the transaction can take place.
5. What are my choices regarding, collection, use and distribution of my information?
If you indicated that you are interested in receiving regular information about Latin Link’s campaign work or emergencies appeals we will send you communications regarding Latin Link’s work and activities, either electronically or otherwise. In addition, we may send you direct mail that we feel may be of interest to you.
Latin Link does not sell, rent or share user information with anyone. We may on occasion work with 3rd parties to contact our supporters about Latin Link, however the 3rd party would be bound by a confidentiality agreement which would prevent them from using this information for any other purpose.
6. What is Latin Link’s policy on allowing me to update, correct, or delete my personally identifiable information?
The accuracy of your individual identifying information is important to Latin Link. We are working on ways to make it easier for you to review and correct the information that Latin Link maintains about you. In the meantime, if you change email address or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please fill out our contact us form or write to Latin Link, 231 Kings Road, Reading, RG1 4LS, United Kingdom.
7. How does Latin Link protect my personal identifiable information?
Latin Link is committed to taking reasonable steps to protect the individual identifying information that you provide to us.
8. What about children’s privacy?
The safety of children is very important to us. Children should always ask a parent for permission before sending personal information to anyone online.
9. What security precautions are in place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of my information?
When you give Latin Link personal information that information may be stored and processed outside of the UK and we take steps to ensure that your information is treated securely.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, Latin Link cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.